Rain sensing wipers run on.

The "rain sensing" wipers on my 2000 S430 sometimes (but not always) run on at regular speed even when there is little or no rain to sense. Result is
much squonking. (Blades are new.)
Is there some adjustment for this, or some sensor I should clean?
Mike
How new is your blade?
I would clean the windshield super clean before testing it again.
The sensor is usually behind the mirror where it is stuck to the window. Light is refracted/reflected from a led to a sensor, if there is water on the screen the refraction/reflection is modified.
Keep this area of the screen very clean.
Alec