rattle from under the car

Hi all,
I noticed a rattle under my W124 300TDTurbo when idling. Could that be the flex disc or some bearing from the driveshaft??
Jannes

How and when does it rattles?
Just when it is idling, gearbox in P.
Sound seems to be coming from under the car, not from the engine itself.

It could be because it is a diesel!
Jannes, Check the simple things first. My car had a similar rattle caused by a broken exhaust clamp hanging a bit loose on the pipe.
Could it have been aha who typed:
|| Jannes, || Check the simple things first. My car had a similar rattle caused by || a broken exhaust clamp hanging a bit loose on the pipe.
On my 250td the heat shields had come loose and that caused a hell of a rattle, a easy way to check is to stand at the back with the engine idleing and put your foot on the tailpipe and see if the rattle gets less or stops.
Des
Des and Aha,
Thanks for the advice, I will dive into it and get the results back...
Jannes