Re: 16" rims on 123

Well, not not really directly, but I do have them on my 126 which is basically a long 123. And they rawk oh my god how they rawk. I wouldn't go any bigger than this and you're gonna get some compromises in the ride (but not as much as I expected) and striaght line stability is affected a tiny bit, but oh mother of god does it handle.
The difference between 16 and 15 is quite profound. Much moreso than the difference between 14 and 15.
I did 15", this may help you http://www.hificomputers.net/del/wheels.htm
http://www.hificomputers.net/del/benz.htm

Nice website Darrell.