Re: 2002 ML 500 COMAND navigation unreliable

Hello,

How about filming it with camcorder to duplicate the problem? Be sure you aren't the one holding the camcorder. Borrow a tripod and anchor it one way or other.

Do you have other devices that you are carrying with that might interfere or distort electronically with the navigation system? A familiar example is a certain vacuum cleaner distorting the television signals, rendering programmes unviewable.

Oliver

N. Smith wrote:

Hello, > > I'm having an intermittent problem with the COMAND navigation on my 2002 ML > 500. The map, rather than, remaining on course will rotate without stoping. > When this happens, the navigtion becomes incorrect and is not able to plot > the correct course to my destination. This is very frustrating because I'm > not able to rely upon the system for making trips. The worst case of this is > when I was driving from Las Vegas to Los Angeles. While going through the > mojave desert, after passing the town of Baker, the map just kept on > rotating and would not plot the course correctly. I called the dealer on my > cell phone and they told me that they've never heard of anyone with that > problem. Their suggestion was to turn off the system and restart it, eject > the CD and reinsert it, stop the car and shut the engine and all accessories > off ... none of this worked. Finally, after passing through Victorville, CA, > the system started to work again. The problem happend again on my last trip > from Las Vegas, however, it was only for a short part of the trip. This does > not only happen in the mojave desert but it also happens in the city of Los > Angeles. > > I've reported the problem to the dealer and they refuse to investigate the > problem, becasue, by the time I get the car to them, the system is working > fine. Has anyone experienced this problem? What should I do to get the > dealer to investigate the problem? > > Nigel > >
Reply to
Ennui Society