Re: 2004 CLK 500 Question / tyres on CLK 320

Related question: tyres. I have the previous CLK (320 Cab) with factory-supplied Pirelli 6000 tyres.

One tyre loses pressure over time, say 5 psi over a few weeks. Another loses a little pressure over time, though still noticeable.

The dealer has tested and says there is no leak.

I am sure I never had this problem with Michelins. Even now, on my 190E it doesn't happen -- Michelins all round.

Other than that, lovely car. Sometimes I wish I had paid the extra GBP 5000 to get the then available 430, but I do only 5000 - 6000 miles p.a. in it, so would have been a waste. For me the drawback of the new CLKs is the lack of a 'vertical' star on the bonnet.

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

For your pressure problem, try applying some spit covering the valve stem opening and see if it bubbles. Unless you totally submerse the tyre, it'll be hard to find any other small leak. Did this pressure problem always exist since delivery? Could be a leak at the rim seal.

Reply to
John

Thanks. The Merc dealer (owned by DC) claimed to have done the test.

I can't remember if it was there ab initio, but I am sure it has been there much of the time.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

Hello,

Why does Mercedes-Benz omit the three-point star bonnet ornament and chrome lines for the A209/C209 CLK? I don't think the large three-point star decal in the middle of grille is flattering.

My understanding is that the larger V8 motor in C203 C55 necessiated the use of A209/C209 CLK bonnet to save the tooling cost. You might want to try the grille/ornament from C55 on your CLK...

Regards, Oliver

Dori A Schmetterl> Related question: tyres. I have the previous CLK (320 Cab) with

Reply to
Ennui Society

I still have the vertical star.

I think Merc have taken it off all 'sporty' models.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling