Re: 300D Injector Rack Dampener Adjustment

> > Would someone please clarify for me the actual location of the Rack > > Dampener adjustment. In searching the aft end of the injector pump, > > near where the two lines emerge from the oil filter, the only thing I > > can find that appears to be an adjustable bolt is at the BOTTOM of the > > pump housing, and that appears to be only a brass standard-head > > adjustment screw, but with no lock nut. =A0Therefore, I am not sure if > > this is it. I cannot find any other adjustment location on the back of > > the injector. > > > Thanks to any or all... >

Here are links to some pictures of the rack damper bolt on my 617 5 cylinder diesel in a 1982 300 TDT 123 model:

heav

m, " snipped-for-privacy@mac.com"

Thank you very much for these photos, as they clear the question up perfectly. I think I was looking for something more obscure down in the back of the injector and missed the obvious thing right in front of me.

Reply to
randallbrink