Re: 35, divorced, teacher, and drives a mercedes..opinions?

"Graham" wrote in news:9QwJf.94$ snipped-for-privacy@fe11.lga:

I recently met a 35 year old woman. Recently divorced, no desire for > children. She enjoys shopping, and sports around town in a late model > Mercedes that I suspect cost in the 30-35k range. I don't know if she > took her ex to the cleaners during the divorce settlement or if she is > fiscally irresponsible. To me, driving a car in that price range on a > 50k a year salary is a bit excessive. She is a nice person, but her > attraction to material possessions concerns me.

You should be concerned that she'd buy one of the cheapest Mercedes they make. She clearly doesn't know squat about cars.

And you?

You'll still be a virgin this time next year.

HTH

Reply to
spooge

Please note this is cross posted in it's original form...

I guess this poster is unaware of the A class....

Reply to
Martin Joseph

Have you priced a Buick or Pontiac lately?

Reply to
wolfpuppy

What would he be planning to do that for? It is interesting how a topic can change so quickly from the virginity of heroin addicted students to pricing vehicles.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

"wolfpuppy" wrote in news:5c409$43f892f7$d8442630$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

What does that have to do with the price of a Benz, or the fact that Graham will die a virgin?

Reply to
spooge

A nagging little voice inside my head tells me that wolfpuppy is just one of these clueless top posters who reads a couple of lines of a post (not necessarily at first lines of it) and posts a "really helpful" response rather than actually seeing what the thread is about and contributing to it as such.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

Awoken Spirit wrote in news:pan.2006.02.20.22.09.00.921869@yttikwoem:

Yup, I'd say you nailed that dog right on the snout.

Reply to
spooge

Reply to
wolfpuppy

My point, since it was apparently missed, was that a mercedes costing around

30k is not a very expensive benz, and that a new domestic can cost easily that much. I could have said "have you priced ford pickup trucks lately?" as it would have been the same thing.

You can't always take a persons statement out of context. Sometimes you need to read the post he was responding to. It was a strange post and I couldn't pass it up, but there are strange people out here too....part of the fun of delving into these newsgroups.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Reply to
wolfpuppy

No, he didn't. Missed my point by a mile, but that's alright. No one expects to have anyone get anything right on these newgroups anyway. Most posters are troubled adults off their meds or bored teens just stirring the pot, so, if it makes you feel good to rag on me, go right ahead. I have no problem with that, although, if you actually wanted to know what I meant, you could have, you know, just asked....but that'll never happen.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

He *did* ask. You just haven't answered yet.

See:

Reply to
Awoken Spirit

"wolfpuppy" wrote in news:c7b18$43fb966c$d8442819$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

Sorry Sunshine, the person missing the point was you. I commented on the price of the Mercedes as it related to the quality of the woman involved. That had, and still has nothing at all to do with the price of a Buick or Pontiac.

I'm not all that okay with you misrepresenting my words actually.

You certainly didn't.

As I am neither, which one are you? If you claim to know that most Usenet posters are one or the other, and I'm neither, than you must be in those categories.

The lack of meds might explain your poor reading comprehension, a result of the voices in your head distracting you. Do shiney paper and bits of string have the same effect?

I did. Here, allow me to ask you again:

"What does that have to do with the price of a Benz, or the fact that Graham will die a virgin?"

Take your time and sound out the big words if you need to. I'm in no hurry to end your discomfort.

BTW, could you perhaps try not top-posting? It's really rather poor form, especially for someone who is able to make general statements of "fact" pronunciations about what most Usenet posters are.

Reply to
spooge

"wolfpuppy" wrote in news:aaa60$43fb94d3$d8442819$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET:

That was my original point, dim-bulb. In fact, I used the words:

"... she'd buy one of the cheapest Mercedes they make."

And you claim to have read the post? Every reading teacher you ever had should be fired for allowing you to pass their class.

So now, just who missed what and where?

It would have been an equally ignorant statement, on that we agree.

And I haven't. You have. I can keep explaining that to you if you wish, or you can admit your error, apologize, and run along like a good half-wit.

You need to change that "you" to "I".

You know, I think a major factor in your error is that you insist on top- posting. Had you responded in a more intelligent and logical sytle - such as the one I'm using here to graw out your humilation - you'd have seen my words and realized your error.

Or would you?

Perhaps if you took notice of the groups included on the post you'd understand why the post I made was not strange. It was completely on-topic in all groups included, especially for those who understood the context.

Reply to
spooge

Your superior posting style would have been even more impressive if you'd cut away some of the useless trash below.

This would have been a good place to start cutting...

Ximinez

Reply to
The Spanish Inquisition

It's a little hard to answer a question when part of it is dealing with the price of a benz and another part is asking if someone is going to die a virgin.....but if you seriously want to know what my point was, see my earlier post. If not, flame away.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

I couldn't help but notice how you snipped and inserted comments in between (I've got to learn how to do that...). That said, you shouldn't be upset or surprised when someone else takes a bit of the post and comments on it. But in all fairness, sometimes the original post of the thread is missing, leaving responses, so if something is taken out of context, so be it. No big thing.

Perhaps I was commenting on a narrow part of a post rather than the whole, but I stand by what I said. But let not your heart be troubled, and try not to get too excited. If you are going to post jokes, you're going to get joking posts back. It's the law.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Because I read a post and wanted to, end of story. And I will continue to do so, but we are done. You see wolfpuppy, ignore it. Do not click on it. In fact, you can filter me forever. See? No more problem.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

Dim-bulb? Well, f*ck you too, asshole.

Reply to
wolfpuppy

No. One post was discussing a teacher driving a merc, another post (a followup) was discussing whether or not somebody was going to die a virgin.

Reply to
Awoken Spirit