Re: 35, divorced, teacher, and drives a mercedes..opinions?

Page 2 of 2
On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 09:15:18 -0500, wolfpuppy wrote:

How exactly would a top poster go about that, silly?

I could but I shall not. Your posts are far too funny to ignore, it is like watching a small child bashing their head into a metal skip with sharp edges, repeatedly wiping the blood from their eyes.

Well, good. Glad my posts are amusing. Nice to have an audience, even one that throws a stone or two now and again. Does tend to point out, though, how mere text can be taken a variety of different ways when there is no emotion attached to it, as would be in a conversation. By the way, what the hell is a metal skip?
FYI skips normally are made of metal.
Enter the word "skip" here: http://www.askoxford.com/?view=uk
See option 5. (At least, it was 5 when I looked).
DAS
"wolfpuppy" < snipped-for-privacy@fuse.net> wrote in message
news:c9a37$44061caa$d8442af9$ snipped-for-privacy@FUSE.NET...

You wouldn't be referring to, like, a stair, or stairway, by any chance? (for a moment I flashed on an image of children skipping rope with a metal cable...not a pretty picture)
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 09:43:37 -0500, wolfpuppy wrote:

It's a fancy word for a big rubbish bin. Please read my post (with picture) or perhaps read the post you are responding to properly (for a change).

Hey, hey, hey....let's play nice here. I try to be nice and you start getting personal again.
On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 17:03:29 -0500, wolfpuppy wrote:

I am not getting personal. If somebody asks a silly question or says something silly I will tell them they are being silly. It is my nature to just tell it the way it is rather than attacking problems from a side angle and not getting anywhere.
In my post I told you what a skip was and gave you the URL to a picture of one so that you can relate to whatever word you use in your part of the world (I know in the US you say "garbage" where we say "rubbish"). The post you responded to gave you the URL to an online dictionary.
You have to read the post properly and consider following links given to you before you respond, because if you take a post out of context or ask a question that was answered in the post you just make yourself look silly. There is no way I can sugar-coat what I have just said.

Fair enough, but, no offense to your post, I never engage a link from a newsgroup. Unfortunately, many of these links are malicious and contain viruses, and I prefer not to take a chance on that. That said, I deal with whatever info is in the post only. It's too bad that many honest people have to suffer for the actions of a few, but it is what it is.
On Sun, 05 Mar 2006 10:12:12 -0500, wolfpuppy wrote:

Use a virus checker and a browser that does not run malicious code religiously and you will be fine. Or just dump Windows altogether is much better advice.
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:14:01 -0500, wolfpuppy wrote:

That would be the purpose of following the posting convention of posting your response underneath the quoted text. People who top post could be responding to anything in the post and therefore just look silly.

A skip being a large waste recepticle often found in use while builders are working. Most of them, if not all, are made of metal.
In case you are still confused:
http://www.pookey.co.uk/gallery2/d/820-2/skip.jpg
My point, since it was apparently missed, was that a mercedes costing around 30k is not a very expensive benz, and that a new domestic can cost easily that much. I could have said "have you priced ford pickup trucks lately?" as it would have been the same thing.
You can't always take a persons statement out of context. Sometimes you need to read the post he was responding to. It was a strange post and I couldn't pass it up, but there are strange people out here too....part of the fun of delving into these newsgroups.

When I'm God
Everyone dies
spooge wrote:

Your superior posting style would have been even more impressive if you'd cut away some of the useless trash below.

This would have been a good place to start cutting...

Ximinez
Dim-bulb? Well, fuck you too, asshole.

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 18:02:25 -0500, wolfpuppy wrote:

You dont have much to say, do you?

Don't care much for personal insults. If you are going to call someone a name because you didn't like what he or she said in a post, you cannot complain when the respondee fires one back. You will note that, unless I am called out, I do not resort to name-calling. I don't mind overall bickering and arguing, and I don't hold a grudge more than, say, 10 or 20 minutes, but sometimes posters tend to get a little too personal.
As for having much to say, that would depend on the topic. Got a lot to say about many things, as would you, I'm sure, and am totally ignorant on other things. If you want to talk about dogs, Mercedes, cooking, firearms, high-end watches, politics (ok, that one we might want to leave alone. I'm pretty anti-liberal in that area), then I got mucho to say. Then there are subjects I know little or nothing about, just like anyone else. I can promise you this much--if I don't know something, I won't say I do. If I do know something about an issue or subject, I would say so. I always back my arguments and points with an authority.
For someone who doesn't have much to say, perhaps I've said too much. Nobody likes a post that goes on too long, so I'll leave it here. Besides, my shepherds are chasing each other through the house and that is not a pretty sight. We must be off.