Re: Alternator gone? (280E W124) - Report

n alt.auto.mercedes, you wrote:

It turned out to be a complete rebuild, as you've said. Practically everything in the alternator was gone or about to fail. The good news is that it only cost me around $270. The bad news is that the cause of failure is oil from the infamous head gasket leak...
About the leak, what (apart from the alternator) is damaged if I keep driving with the leak. I intend to sell the car anyway (well, I've been selling it for a few months now and there are no buyers - I guess I'll have to lower the price), so I've no intention of throwing away around $1500 on such a repair.
Cheers, Jan
--
/"\ Jan Kalin (male, preferred languages: Slovene, English)
\ / http://charm.zag.si/eng /, email: "name dot surname AT zag dot si"