Re: Blower motor for 300SDL - need child-proof instructions

Further to my previous email, I am now getting *hot* air at highway speed. I guess I never should have kicked it...sigh...

Hey Group, > > My blower motor recently stopped working on my 1986 300SDL. Looked at some > of the previous posts and I'm a little confused. I want to access the > motor, but need to know how. And I need someone to explain it to me like > I'm a five year old. To start: > > At highway speed there is a little airflow. I can hear the A/C kick in and > feel the cold air from the vents, and the same with hot air when I adjust > the temp dial. > > I have banged, slapped, and kicked the dashboard, the centre console, the > underside of the glovebox, and the passenger seat floor area. No change. > > I have wiggled the key in the ignition. Nothing. > > Following some instructions in a previous post, I removed the floor mats > from the passenger side footwell. on the angled wall that slants up from > the floorboard to the engine wall there is a black plastic cover plate. It > did not have four plastic screws as I expected. It only had one in the > middle at the bottom. I undid that and found another plate with two silver > boxes on the right and one black plastic box on the left. I couldn't > believe that this black box was the fan motor so I undid the four brass > circle things holding this plate in place but there was nothing underneath > it. Is the black box indeed the blower motor? There are two multi-pin > connections on the side of this box and both have the cables pulled out - it > looks like it was done intentionally and some time ago. So can you please > answer the following questions: > > 1) Where is the blower motor and how exactly do I remove it to check the > "brushes"? > > 2) What is that black box? > > 3) What do those multi-pin connectors on that black box do? Are they > supposed to be disconnected (disabling the airbag, perhaps)? > > Thanks very very much in advance...I'd love to be a D.I.Y'er on this but I'm > just lost right now... > > Thanks again. > >
Reply to
Dude!