Re: C220 Advice

C220 Advice Group: alt.auto.mercedes Date: Sat, Jun 21, 2003, 10:03pm (PDT+7) From: snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Buc4evr) I am considering purhase of a mint 1995 C220 with only 54k miles. =A0 I was wondering if someone couuld comment on the maintenance issues. What are the problem areas ? =A0 I'm more of a volvo person and used to doing all my own maintenance and upkeep. I was wondering if any of you do your own work on this car ? If so how difficult are the basic parts to get at your local import auto store and what are the issues ? This car is so good it's hard to pass up, just don''t know a whole lot about mercedes. =A0 Thanks !!

*************************************************** Here's my experiences with a 1995 C280 (not typical, maybe but a start. The only difference is yours is a 4 and mine is a 6 cyl) Spark plugs need changing every 30K miles, so if done at 30K, its due at 60K Transmission should be drained and serviced also at 30K, so its also due at 60K Air Cleaner also due at 60K Check the brake pads, my first set went 52K, second set went at 19K. Poly-Belt needs replacement at 60K Interior Air filter replacement at 60K (behind glove box in dash) Brake fluid flush and replaced Mercedes coolant flush and replaced As far as parts are concerned, I've always bought Mail Order, like
although some parts have to be Mercedes Only. Your not likely to find much at local stores, as Mercedes require or should use OEM parts exclusively. HTH
Reply to
DefLizard

In addition OVP relay needs upgrading to 1996 model, and wiring harness will probably need replacing if it hasn't been done already. Have the battery checked as batteries usually go at this time, more so from age then mileage, especially if the car (as it appears) hasn't been driven that much. Be sure to do a VIN check for any possible odometer/title problems, go to

or
Ciao!

Reply to
DefLizard