Re: CL 65 AMG

greek_philosophizer wrote:

Oh, I just made a joke!
And even if one gets it serious one has to take in mind the car has a certified empty weight of 2155 kg (this includes the full gas tank and a driver at 75 kg). If I don't err that has to be multiplied by 2.6792 for lb so that would be 5.774 lb which is quite heavy IMHO.

See above, 2155 kg. The S 65 AMG is 2220 kg.

That is my last info (which I can not say if it is really true)

Someone will fill that gap later I think.
Juergen
1 kg = 2.2 lb ueber den Daumen gepeilt.
DAS --
Juergen:

Cars nowadays are heavy enough, so there's no need to inflate their weights even further. :-)
The correct conversion factor is 1 lb = 0.45359237 kg (exactly), which yields 1 kg = 2.2046 lb (approx.). Thus, 2155 kg = 4,751 lb.
Best regards,
Danny
What fascinates me is how you managed to get so much precision (4 decimal places) into such an inaccurate number...
:-)) DAS --
BTW, if your 138 km/h top speed is indicated on your speedometer, I am plsd to tell you that on my 1980 W123 200D I achieved a racy 143, the envy of all my colleagues (who all had the same model) :-)
DAS --
Hi Dori,
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

No, the speedo relatively easy runs out of figures (160 km/h), but that of course is nothing I care of; the 138 km/h is what the factory states, in reality it is not uncommon such an old MB diesel goes ca. 5 km/h more than stated by the factory.
But I really do NOT care about the top speed (and it would be ridiculous btw. it is extremely low, no matter if 138 km/h or 145 km/h); that car is for city driving only and the top speed figure is only for joking a bit here in alt.auto.mercedes

Ok, that of course is a funny game when going with such two (or more) identical cars on the motorway and the one one drives is a bit faster - but aside that it is meaningless (see above).
Kind regards
Juergen P. S : Tested the car today and it easily reached the 30 km/h allowed in my neighbourhood area ;-)) -------------------------------------------------------------

Juergen,

As long as you're memorizing that factor, 1.60934, you may as well memorize one more digit, and it'll be the exact conversion factor. 1 mile = 1.609344 km. Now you need to be careful when you convert. 138 km/h = 85.7 mph.
Best regards,
Danny
E 55 AMG wrote:

I prefer to round it up to 86 mph ;-))
Kind regards from Germany
Juergen
Juergen . wrote:

Hopefully someday we will all be wealthy enough to have a CL65 cabriolet and be able to pay somebody else to do the math.
.
greek_philosophizer wrote:

Unless I would be a billionaire I would not spend that much money on a single car - ok, I know I am banned from the ng for a week for saying so plus another week for saying that if I would spend so much money on a single car I would choose another car but no MB...
Kind regards from Germany
Juergen - thinking his 250 Euro MB is worth much more, at least 251 Euro... ;-)