Re: Compressing Front Coil Springs?

Can someone tell me if is it possible to compress the front coil springs

>on a 1985 190D with a conventional spring compressor or is it necessary >to use the special MB spring compressor? Heck, they want over $800 for it. >

Well if you have a good supply of mechanics wire and a heavy friend (if you are near Atlantic City I can fill this role) you can do it the old fashioned way. Sit on the fender and use lots of turns of wire to secure the spring. When you are done, put Mr. Ballast on the fender again and cut the wires.

Bill Ditmire Ditmire Motorworks,Inc.

425 White Horse Pike Absecon,NJ 08201
609-641-3392
Reply to