Re: Diesel Blow By?

check out ...

for example - there is also a useful search engine there. I remember seeing soem photos posted there

Ideally, should be not more than a wisp of white 'steam' - I think the rule is that if it pushes off the loosened cap then it's bad news otherwise forhet about it - engine could just need a good thrash to free up rings for example.

Steve

Any comments on what does it mean if, while the engine is running,with > the filler cap off, there is some sputtering of oil and smoke coming > out.
Reply to
steve d

Means nothing, all engines emit some fumes.

Reply to
T.G. Lambach