Re: door handle rip off '82 300SD

Wow! Hit the wrong button on my post.
So anyway, I went out and tried to open the left rear door on my 1982 300SD. It came off in my hand! I watched 'The Hulk' last night and
must have picked something up.
The mechanism appears intact, so I assume its the connections inside the door that need to be repaired. I've tried to find instructions on removing the inner door panel, so I think I can handle that OK. But once inside, what should I look for? Also, any hints on removing the panel in the first place would be appreciated.
Thanks! Rob
the external door handle ??
its a complete assembly and takes seconds to remove, look under the rubber cap adjacent the door handle - you don't even need to remove the trim. undo the screws and slide it sideways.

Yeah, it's the external handle. Should have specified that. Was your explanation referring to inside or outside?
external.
either way, its very easy to remove the door trim if you need to, ive done it with no past experience on that car.

Got it! Sheeesh, that was so easy. I found where the screw goes in from the side of the door. The screw was still sitting in the little orifice! Thanks much, Dave. Now, can you tell me what the little grill right above the interior light (above the little visor above the rearview mirror) is for? :-)
That is the in-car temp sensor for your automatic climate control.

And so it is! I figured that's what it was, but wasn't sure.
Thanks!