Re: e34 tourings vs Benz early to mid 90's 300 TE

Now post that exchange on the Merc NG and see what you get...
alt.auto.mercedes
DAS

"JB" < snipped-for-privacy@Nospam.co.uk> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net...

First off please try not to top post. I replied to the original poster not to start some 'willy-waving' flame war, but giving him my honest experience of both vehicles. I've owned 4 E34 Tourers in the last 13yrs and worked on dozens for other friends/friends of friends. I've also looked after (servicing/minor repairs/suspension work/brakes etc) an E class estate for a neighbour, and driven quite a few miles in it. I can only say that anyone who says the MB will 'handle' better than the E34 is either on drugs, or has never found a twisty road to 'play' on.
JB
Yes, sir No, sir Three bags full, Sir...
DAS