Re: E420 performance

message

On
The E420, despite what Benz would want you to believe, is not a performance car. It's mildly fast, and handles alright, but don't try doing burn outs. Even with TC off, all you get when you floor it is power wasted by the right wheel just slipping. It doesn't give a burnout, it just doesn't hook up. Most automatic german cars don't give burnouts. My recommendation is a 6-speed BMW 540i. Richard
its a 1997

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003 23:26:45 -0500, "Paul 'The Duff' McPoop"
I'd have to dig into the magazine library, but I don't believe the traction control can really be turned off. I think the Merc people believe that YOU don't REALLY want to be burning rubber.
BTW. It's a nice car, just not for burning rubber.