Re: engine sputters

Hello, i have a 75 450se that sputters and once in awhile will just die. Tried to restart but no go. Had to have it towed to a mechanic, and he told me that the points in the distributor had fused together. He
cleaned them and adjusted the timing and the car ran great for 3 days. But now am having a problem with the idle. seems to rev at 500 RPM. Is this ok? And also where in the engine bay would i locate the cold start valve? cold start valve because the engine seems to rev up and down when cold searching.
Thanks in advance for your help.
join w116.org and ask in there, they are dedicated to this chassis.
| Hello, | i have a '75 450se that sputters and once in awhile will just die. | Tried to restart but no go. Had to have it towed to a mechanic, and he | told me that the points in the distributor had fused together. He | cleaned them and adjusted the timing and the car ran great for 3 days. | But now am having a problem with the idle. seems to rev at 500 RPM. | Is this ok? | And also where in the engine bay would i locate the cold start valve? | cold start valve because the engine seems to rev up and down when cold | searching. | | Thanks in advance for your help. | | -- | Posted at author's request, using http://www.AutoBoardz.com interface | Articles individually verified to usenet standards. Visit URL to contact author/report abuse | Thread archive: http://www.AutoBoardz.com/engine-sputters-Mercedes-Benz-ftopict200976.html |