Re: How to read diagnostic codes from a car computer?

Jim, how many kids do you have? I'd suggest you would try to have more. My point is that good dealer techs should breed a lot more than they do today, otherwise they become extinct (intentionally no smiley here).
I would take my car to an expert like you any time and would happily pay more than I pay my dealer today, when I cannot avoid paying at all. The point is that so many seem to have so poor expertise at their dealers, so many dealers today first clear the fault code and hope it is gone, then try changing parts even if the problem is elsewhere and should be easy to identify from experience (and knowledge). The local dealers do not even seem to read the info they get from MB or the WIS.