Re: If you're hungry for power or fuel efficiency, beware of a scam like this one:

Page 1 of 4

Thank you Jay. I tried your magnet on my fuel line in 1982, I didn't notice any change on my car fuel economy; that's why we spent a fortune to research the cure for oil crisis. If you believe your magnet works, please bring your car to show off with our car (that we have doubled in mileage.) Can you bring yours to Seattle KOMO TV or KIRO 7 TV sometimes next week? This way we can prove who is real.
Thanks.
GasSaver

I have a question about hybrids: is it true that kind of battery used in hybrids can be recharged at most several hundred times?- so after that it needs to be replaced. How many years would such a battery last?
Thanks, Boris

Don't know the battery specifics, but I have a neighbor who recently purchased a midsize Ford hybrid. It's like an Escape or ??, it's about the size of a Honda Pilot.
He told me that the thing has a 96HP electric motor which, of course, does most of the start and stop heavy work. He also says that the batter(y)(ies), in the rear of the vehicle, are covered by a special warranty for eight years, or 100K miles. The vehicle warranty is three years, or 36K miles.

Sounds right under moderate drive. I'm not sure if Boris is trying to test our knowledge. Every battery has its limitation, if you brake hard (you put in 2A, you only get 1A in return approximately), this explains why some people get 25-32mph on a hybrid. If you want more mileage, plan ahead and try to avoid braking. If you're in a rush, speeding and braking won't save you energy, only with our tune-up vehicles you can speed and brake often, you still will come better than a hybrid 37-41mpg usually on aggressive drive, otherwise 51mpg.
GasSaver

Correction: > people get 25-32mpg on a hybrid for agressive drive.

Also, I have a subie - when I go skiing I never need chains, even in deep snow (unless road is completely closed for traffic - then I can't use it obiously). From reviews (for example, at edmunds.com) Lexus RX hybrid doesn't have a potent AWD system.
Boris

say anything about AWD system.

Third-row seats fold as one piece rather than in split sections, not suitable for off-road or serious winter duties.
<<<<<<<PASTE<<<<<<<<<< http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/highlanderhybrid/2009/review.html
Boris

There are 4 good reasons, 1)for durability 2)for 50% more fuel efficiency(diesel costs more so you come out about 25% better than gasoline) 3)room 4)security.

You don't need a new 2009 Toyota Highlander Hybrid for 25% increase in MPG. We can turn your regular SUV for 30% or better MPG output.
GasSaver
And in a number of countries diesel fuel is (or was) MUCH cheaper than petrol, tho' there might also have been a compensatory tax on the car... it's a complex issue.
In this context it is noteworthy that Britain was late to take to diesel. The fuel did have a price advantage but no longer since the tax rates were aligned with petrol.
DAS
"GasSaver" < snipped-for-privacy@NoResponse.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:Te6dnVO_Ivf3XH3UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@posted.toastnet...

Boris

Snake oil.

Typical guess from common ignorance.
There is one American man making over millions for turning a HUMMER into a 30mpg. I bet you don't believe that news neither, but I believe it because we do similar thing here.
snipped-for-privacy@NoResponse.yahoo.com says...

selling themselves short if they only make millions.
By reversing the process they could have billions.
--
Carl Robson
Get cashback on your purchases

Thanks Carl for your advice. I don't think it's easy to understand someone else's design. For instance, fixing dragging brake problem, you tried it 6-7 times, the same problem returns. That's why we don't disclose our technique. We have to sell short a little bit while pending for a patent.
------ For only 4% of a hybrid cost, OFS can turn any vehicle into a hybrid-like vehicle. It's called Fuel-Efficiency Tune-up. It increases gas mileage and horse power without harming the vehicle like the N2O technique. http://www.extra150miles.com
on 4/20/2009 10:57 AM (ET) GasSaver wrote the following:

Unlike drum brakes, which have retracting springs, disk brakes do not retract when the pedal is released, therefore the pads can rub against the rotor causing friction in the form of a minuscule braking force. The solution is to have the pads retract from the rotor mechanically (springs?) or hydraulically (negative fluid pressure/vacuum).
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Pads don't rub in a properly setup set of disk brakes.
on 4/22/2009 11:53 AM (ET) me wrote the following:

Please enlighten me on how to set up hydraulic disk brakes on automobiles, as opposed to mechanical disk brakes on bicycles.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Dismantle and clean the calipers and pistons and put in a new rubber ring. Machine or replace the rotors if they are scored or worn out of spec. Not really rocket science.

On Mercedes-Benz's, fixing dragging brake is not too difficult, unlike fixing the Japanese's ones. In any cases do double-check your work, because usually the same problem return 5-6 times due to brake re-adjust itself.
Cheers,
GasSaver.
BTW - We already reached 90-mpg on converting Mercedes-Benz's any models C230 - E320 to triple mileage. Thanks to our Friction-2-Energy technologies, it makes a big difference. www.extra150miles.com
On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 19:09:42 -0700, "GasSaver"

asshole!
How does a disk brake readjust itself, moron?