Re: Israeli Story no "American" Media Organization will Follow

Page 3 of 3
Bill Ditmire wrote:

Your assertion may be lacking in supporting data.
How do you know that Perle is a career opportunist who serves only himself? That would imply that you have an intimate knowledge of the inner workings of his mind. Would not such knowledge require extensive and significant conversations with the subject? How do you know that he is not motivated by the desire to do what he thinks is best for the country? The fact that he gives speeches for money may only be evidence that he is willing to take money for giving speeches. I think most people would be happy to have such a financial arrangement. Would he not be stupid to turn down half a million just for giving a speech?
I am not an expert on conservatives but was it not Perle who annoyed Nancy by not dressing up to the standards of the Reagan administration? His response when challenged on that was that he made Reagan look even better when he stood next to him. Am I thinking of the right guy?
I wonder if he drives a Merc?
.

The fact that you quoted a thousand lines without refuting a single word contained therein shows you have no interest in factual debate.
p l o n k
Dori Schmetterling wrote:

Its a good thing you top posted. There was 1029 line of babbling idiocy in that post.
Also on the bright side, I just learned a new English Word. Now if I can just figure out what a "punter" is.
.
Yes... Much of the exchange in this thread is pure bollocks in my opinion and I don't know why I even spend the time commenting...You notice it gets really cerebral and intellectual when the posters run out of arguments and resort to insults, swearing and Adolf.
A punter is someone who places bets, e.g. on horses or football, but is often used more generally for someone trying his luck at something, or even for someone participating at an event, though this is more humorous.
Try putting the word into Google.
I have a wonderful Nokia phone which fits into my intelligent integrated car kit in my equally wonderful Merc.
I have used Motorola phones (oops, not on distribution list) and found them a pig to use (lousy menus) even if the quality, especially of the sound, is quite good. I commend Motorola for being the first producer of a decent phone that worked in North America as well as in the rest of the GSM world. Nokia's effort was not great. I know several people in Britain who have Ms and in every case only because they travel to North America. However, now that Nokia has good NA-compatible phones with auto-switching M will lose out in that market.
I still have a Motorola as a spare, which I am using now while waiting for my Nokia replacement, which I managed to lose on my recent trip abroad...
Recent stats show that at above 35%, Nokia is still the Number 1 mobile phone handset supplier in the world.
Blah blah blah...
:-) DAS --

Actually, what you will note is that the original poster reprinted an article by a respected journalist (Christopher Ketcham) from a mainstream media outlet (Salon).
Not a single sentence, fact or even word of Ketcham's piece has been successfully refuted by any subsequent posts.
Predictably, the responses thereto have engaged in the "insults, swearing" et al to which you refer.
Unfortunately for you, said insults, swearing, and off-topic ad hominems have been initiated by those on your side of the argument.
And you yourself produced a top-posted reply wherein you quoted nearly 1200 lines of a previous post, refuted nary a word of it, and engaged in the same brand of insult and ad hominem you wish to now castigate.
May I submit that you can't have it both ways? Your M.O. here has been conspicuous in its lack of facts and reason. I submit that both the content and style of your posts have done as little for your side of the argument as posts from those who wish to blame "the Jews" for every evil in the world today have done for mine.
I believe what differentiates us is the fact that my approach to US international policy is rooted in principle - specifically the principle summarized thusly by Thomas Jefferson: "Free trade and neutrality with all nations; entangling alliances with none."
Adhering to such an edict would produce the ONLY foreign policy that TRULY "supports our troops": BRINGING THEM HOME. No Somalia. No Kosovo. No Israel. No Lebanon. No Iraq.

Identify one statement therein that isn't true:
Why? Name calling because you don't like the facts which I stated?
An administration that acts like the Palestinian one is not democratic, yes, is downright malignant.
DAS --
what the heck does this have to do with nokia phones???

Excellent question!
As participant in an automotive group I asked myself the same question, and why I bother to post to this irrelevant thread...
As regards Nokia, I can only think that, as Nokia is market leader for mobile phones, the people we are talking about are probably using Nokias to communicate... :-) ...and maybe driving aound in Mercs, the preferred prestige vehicle in the Middle East.
Furthermore, the current (non-US) Merc factory-fitted integrated mobile phone system works only with Nokias, preferably the 6310i. Unfortunately the 6310i doesn't work in cradles/systems installed before 2002 (boo to Nokia!) (suitable for certain older 5000 and 6000 series phones only) and a number of us had to spend money to change the cradle and software to accommodate the excellent 6310i (boo no. 2 to Nokia)....
:-) DAS --

Well once Israeli intelligence put a bomb in a Palestinian terrorirst's cell phone and blew his head off.
Maybe it was a Nokia phone.
Probably. 40-odd pct chance. That's the market share that Nokia still holds.
DAS --