Re: Krautmobile?!

Okay, I understand I'm going to have to

> learn a little German, since many of the > labelled instructions are not in English, > as the same with even aftermarket parts.

You can always ask here - at least I and Frank Kemper are Germans reading and writing here so that should be no problem.

Juergen from Germany

Reply to
Juergen .

Shannon

80 450SL 216k 86 300SDL 281k 74 260z (in progress)
Reply to
sdp1s

_____ Chanzilla,

_____ Recently i noticed your photograph showing a fuel leak. It was not clear from the picture what seems to be leaking. It is highly likely that the fuel return hose on that particular injector is leaking a bit. The hoses are a press fit only, and over time, harden and can leak.

I have a 1981 300SD where this happened after a mechanic checked compression. To do the check, all the return hoses had to be removed and reinstalled, thereby disturbing the good fit and potentially causing some fuel leakage. In my car, the leak did not develop immediately after the compression test, but several weeks later.

I would get a meter of new return hose (from, say, an independent VW/Audi parts supplier) for $5, cut it to the proper lengths and replace all the pieces of hose on the engine. The diameter and rubber type of this hose is very specific for this service. Bring some of the old hose with you to the store and show them. I have had no leaks after i replaced most of those return hose sections on my car.

/ John

Reply to
John C. Hollemans