Re: MB GSM Car kit Nokia 6310

Yes.
It won't work.
UK conversion price c.GBP 430 incl tax; in Germany c. GBP 250.
Can't you get a refurbished handset from someone? A variety of 6000 and
5000 series phones are supposed to work, incl 5110.
Part of the problem is that the 6310/i has an integrated antenna. As far as I know the 6210 still has an external one (my 5110 certainly had).
DAS --
Hi,
The 6310i cannot be used with a 6210 preinstall option (852 or 854). As the software is disfferent between the 6210 (DCT3) and the 6310i (DCT4), you will get "No Telephone" on the display. Also the phone support is not 100% compatible with the 6310i because this phone is a bit biger than the 6210.
It exists a conversion kit for your car wich allows to use 51xx, 61xx, 6210, 6310 and 6310i. Ask you dealership.
Vincent

the
100%
6210.
Eh..? How much bigger..? I have one of each sitting in front of me now and I can't see any difference. The 6310i is a lot lighter in weight though :-) They both work fine in my Nokia CARK-91 kit, as does my 6150, so I wonder what is so different about the Merc kit..?

6210,
Or get a CARK-91 which would probably work out a lot cheaper..!
Ivor
Does your phone in the Nokia kit work via the steering wheel and does your SIM card address book appear in the dashboard display?
DAS --
On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:10:18 +1200, "Gavin D"

You don't mention what car you have, I've got a control unit and cradle for 6310i, contact me if you are interested....
--

Lettuce spray for whirled peas...

Reply to usenet[at]miknik[dot]co[dot]uk
I have a S 320 CDI year 2000 (W220). I havent got the control unit for the phone, actually I dont have phone as an option at all. Nokia 6310 i I have. Do you think your control unit would work in my car, how about installation and does the comand system need to be adjusted in MB service? What about the price? By the way I live in Finland.
Mauri