Re: need opinion on 85 300SD

Run like hell as fast as you can and as far away from this car as possible.

For starters, the steering box allows for very little tightening and adjustment. This car needs a new one. I forget how much mine cost but well over a $1,000.

Brake dash lights staying on is NOT a feature. It's a problem and an expensive one.

But shucks, the CarFax should be telling you all you need to know. The car was considered totalled. Stay away.

Reply to
NoSeeUm

thanks for the info on the steering box. Yikes! I have figured out the brake light is a pad thickness indicator and means the brakes need work as you implied.

I have decided not to get this car per everyone's advice and learning more about these cars. I am still looking...

thanks again

Kerry

Reply to
Kerry Boytzun

You're welcome.

We should all learn from our mistakes. But it is a hell of a lot cheaper to learn from others' mistakes.

1981 300SD "Der Klunker" ex-Pimpmobile.
Reply to
Gogarty