Re: NEVER BUY WALMART'S BATTERIES OR YOU WILL BE SORRY

Page 5 of 9

Well, if you are playing the part of the liberal, perhaps I should play the part of the conservative...
It's my god given right to do whatever I want. You can't impose your ideals on me. I don't need to consider the rest of the population in my actions. So go screw yourself. After all, I bet you are just trying to create a demand for the practice, which will create more jobs for them furrinners when lazy liberals decide to hire someone to do it for them.
How's that? If it's not spot on it's probably because of lack of experience in generally not giving a hoot about others.
Have a good day... Seriously, Bill
: My not using CTRL-END isn't the problem. People : including too much quoted text in their followups : is the problem. It's the "root cause," as liberals : would say.

If that's a thumbnail sketch of what conservatism means to you, then you need to get out more. A subscription to _National Review_ probably wouldn't hurt, either.

If you give a hoot about others, then what's your objection to making one's posts easier to read with proper editing?
Geoff
-- "She is descended from a long line that her mother listened to."                      -- Gypsy Rose Lee

I do not object to the request that posts should be as brief as possible. I think it is a legitimate request, and I try to do it myself.
My only objection is that your prod at liberals while making the request. I'm not actually offended by it, but I just take it as an invitation for a friendly little joust. So I made my own prod at conservatives. In reality, I'm not passionate enough about any of these issues to argue about them at length. I just enjoy a little sparring with articulate conservatives since I'm slightly liberal. (Not that all conservatives are articulate, but you appear to be.) I'm not a hard core liberal-but I'd defintely describe myself as blue if forced to classify myself. On some points I agree with you, on others I don't. Also, I'm curious just how off topic this thread will get. I'm normally a proponent of keeping a thread on topic, but this one was pretty much worthless to begin with, So I don't feel as though we are collectively highjacking anything of importance.
Have a good day, Bill
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:15:49 -0000, " snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com"

Good one. For a worthless thread it does have staying power.

Okay, so tell us, then: Where *have* you been, and what *have* you learned?
Can't tell us? Or if you did, you'd have to kill us? Then you forfeit the debate. Sorry, but that's just how the world works. Life's a bitch and then you die...
Geoff
-- "If it rains after a liberal washes his car, they say it's a right-wing dirty trick." -- Ann Coulter
writes:

Irrelevant, Geoff. Are you saying that because you've never seen something, it doesn't exist?
[to Natalie]

: Okay, so tell us, then: Where *have* you been, and what : *have* you learned?
: Can't tell us? Or if you did, you'd have to kill us? : Then you forfeit the debate. Sorry, but that's just : how the world works. Life's a bitch and then you die...

I'm saying nothing of the sort. You hinted that there was a basis for your assertion. I'm asking you to let the other shoe drop and tell us what that basis is. It wasn't I who raised the issue; it was you.
Geoff
-- "If it rains after a liberal washes his car, they say it's a right-wing dirty trick." -- Ann Coulter

Let's take this a step at a time, just to piss you off: Do you doubt that such a skill exists to begin with? Notice that I did not assign this skill to any particular person. I'm asking if you believe that the skill exists, independent of its "owner".
: I'm saying nothing of the sort. You hinted that there was : a basis for your assertion. I'm asking you to let the other : shoe drop and tell us what that basis is. It wasn't I who : raised the issue; it was you.

You admit at the outset that your intent is to piss me off, and you expect me to play along? You aren't too flipping swift, are ya, spud?

No; I just doubt that you possess it. Why? Because people who have skills of the sort you allude to generally aren't the kind who'd advertise it, or have any need to. It's kinda like how the guys who got the most nookie back in high school were the ones who talked about it the least, you know? They had nothing to prove.

You know what I think? I think you're prattling out your patoot. And from what people have been saying, that's pretty much par for the course for you. Wankers such as yourself are a dime a dozen.
See if you can coax your mommy out from underneath that Republican and get her to show you how to use a text editor.
G'bai.
Geoff
-- "If it rains after a liberal washes his car, they say it's a right-wing dirty trick." -- Ann Coulter
writes:

Bye, Goeff.

Back on the weed JSB? BTW, where do you get it from?
Another goofy post from one of our lefty kook friends ROTFLOL
mike
writes:

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 04:36:14 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@lava.net (Geoff Miller) wrote:

He has been to Taiwan....well he said so but could not offer simple easily obtained citation.
He said he uses dope....which is probably true.
Other than that...he lives in a small uninteresting world.
--
Scott in Florida

On Fri, 19 Oct 2007 18:43:33 -0400, "Wickeddoll"

I bike around 30 miles most days. That's how I get to work. I'm as careful as they come for the most part, but there are times when I'm forced, usually by cars going to fast and too agressively, to move closer to parked cars than I would like. As much as I try to watch each car as I pass, I'm also concentrating on the road pavement, which matters much more to bikes than cars, and to what the cars on the road are doing.
If I'm going all of 10 mph and someone flings a door open, I'm going to hit it. It is already illegal, at least in New York, to open a door without looking. I have NEVER seen it enforced.
The kid did nothing illegal. The woman did. She should go to jail.
"dgk" "Wickeddoll" wrote:

I see your point, but unfortunately, we don't live in a perfect world, where we can count on others to do as they should. It's everyone for themselves in the streets, like it or not.
If there *is* a law in place against opening doors without looking around, then I agree that the offender should be prosecuted. If there isn't, good luck. Well, you said it isn't even enforced where it *is* against the law.
Don't misunderstand me, I don't believe the woman in the story is innocent, but from a safety standpoint, I always try to anticipate the very stupidest thing someone will do. Then I prepare accordingly.
Natalie

Hey...by the way, don't forget to try that hard braking experiment I mentioned the other day. This will prevent you from looking silly next time you doubt how much force is at play when a biker hits a car door.
"JoeSpareBedroom" ...

Natalie

You're afraid to try the experiment and report back here with the HONEST results. :-)
Another goofy OT post from one of our lefty kook friends ROTFLOL
mike

Yes. Bicycles and physics are very political topics.