Re: Radiator shop caused dents in my hood

Maybe, just maybe, (the original poster didn't make this clear), that he closed the hood prematurely, before the radiator guys have finished working on his 450SL? If this is the case, then, ya, it would be the guy's fault as he closed the hood for some reason... I don't see any reason why the original poster would even have to touch the hood as all services that I had to bring my car to would give my vehicle back to me with the hood down!

R Green Technical Support

------------------- WoWsat.com

-------------------

LOL, you were at fault for closing the hood. Should you have driven off with > the hood open? > > -Adam > > > Does anyone have a '73 450SL service manual showing that the upper > > radiator hose clamp MUST be located with the screw down? > > > > I took my very nice car to a local radiator shop for a rod out. When > > they re-installed the radiator, they placed the clamp on top of the > > hose. This caused a dent in my hood. They blamed me because: > > > > 1. I closed the hood. > > 2. The hood was out of alignment > > 3. Were they supposed to know that the hood was low and required > > special handling? > > > > This is a radiators only shop so I think they should have known this. > > > > Also, does anyone know if touchup paint (in the container) becomes > > darker after 20 years? My touchup paint seems a little dark but the > > car was re-painted. I'd buy a new one if I thought it would match. > > > > Thanks, > > > > Dennis > >
Reply to
R Green - WoWsat.com

Could be, I didnt think of that.

-Adam

Reply to
mc

He was finished. I'll know next time leave things alone until the mechanic "delivers" the car. He asked me to start it so he could check for leaks. He said there were no leaks, so I closed it and got in the car, thanked him and left. Should have stayed away for 3 more minutes.

Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Leong