Re: Re: What is the expected engine life (in miles) for a mercedes?

I don't know about all but we bought an '84 500 SEL 2 years ago and it now has over 276000 miles on it and it is starting to give us aome problems but only with the electrical, engine is still as strong as ever. Plus we
met a man few weeks ago with an '85 with over 225000 and he was pleased that the only problem was that hei drivers window had stopped working.
Is it different in km?
cheers, guenter