RE: Recall of MB's for Balancer Failure

I recently caught a late post referring to a recall of certain late models of MB's for failures of the engine balancer. Can anyone give me more info?

My mother has a E320 wagon whose balancer let loose on her and caused nearly $5000 in damage. MB's response was basically to shove it under the rug.

TIA

Davehd

Reply to
Dave HD

I've heard that MB now considers this a maintenance item - to be replaced every 50K miles. I have not, however, had this confirmed at the dealer.

Reply to
Josh

Scroll down to the thread on this subject: "Mercedes recall", dated June 21.

Reply to
William Brenner