Re: Should I replace A/C fan switch on 85 Mercedes 300SD?

Just go to any old MB dealer and buy the switch. Why is this a hard to find item?

Part number for the switch is 004 820 68 10. List price is $32.50. You can probably get it at less then list from one of the online parts suppliers.
I would replace it. There is no downside other then the shortened fan life, but switches are cheaper then fans.
HTH, Dave
Haven't gone to a local MBZ place because I hate to have to buy a sky-high full retail prices. ;-)

If you are doing a conversion, BE CAREFUL which fan pressure switch you get. The original is calibrated for R-12 pressures and the one you will want is for R-134 pressures - their chemical properties are not the same so you'll also need a new low pressure compressor cut-out switch when there's not enough R-134 in the system.

the more air over the condenser coils the better. better cooling that is.
i my self would leave the fan running when the compressor is on.
but that is me.
the case, minus a few cans!