Re: SLK disk brakes

Porterfield pads are what's recommended. My rims are dirty after a 30 mile drive after cleaning. I'm switching to the porterfields when the next change is needed. Vince D

I'm about to change front disk breaks on my SLK for the first time. I've > changed brakes on RX7s and 240Zs although this is my first Mercedes. > > I would imagine that the process is pretty similar although at first glance > I can see that there are going to be differences. > > Can someone please refer me to a website or provide step-by-step > instructions for the process? Instructions with illustrations would be even > better. > > On the other hand, if the process is more difficult than on the Mazda and > the Datsun perhaps I would be better off to have a pro do it for me. Any > thoughts? > > Thanks/Carter > >
Reply to
Vince

Thanks Vince for the Porterfield recommendation, but what I really need to know is the process. Can you refer me to a step by step set of instructions?

Reply to
Carter Braxton

Reply to
Vince

I'm sorry Vince... I didn't realize that you were alos giving me a link when you gave me your pad recommendation. (OK, I didn't look that closely) I've just opened it and it looks like just what I'll need.

I'm going to save the page for future reference.

Thanks for your help.

Carter

Reply to
Carter Braxton

I just pur brakes on my SLK and somethings are different. Accorging to Mercedes you take a 45mm male tork and remove rubber caps on the slides that keep the inside and outside lined up then remove them. It will make it a lot easer, do that first. Let me know if anything else I can do.

I bought a Mercedes Benz repair and service manual on e-bay for 5 bucks, 9 with shipping. They have lots of them. It is put out by Mitchell Repair.

Mike

Reply to
98626