Re: SLK disk brakes

http://www.slk32.com/pages/gotopages/howto.html
Porterfield pads are what's recommended. My rims are dirty after a 30 mile drive after cleaning. I'm switching to the porterfields when the next change
is needed. Vince D

glance
even
Thanks Vince for the Porterfield recommendation, but what I really need to know is the process. Can you refer me to a step by step set of instructions?
Thanks/Carter

I've
and
Any
Scroll down to "change the front brakes" and change the rear brakes" It's all on that page. Vince D

be
I'm sorry Vince... I didn't realize that you were alos giving me a link when you gave me your pad recommendation. (OK, I didn't look that closely) I've just opened it and it looks like just what I'll need.
I'm going to save the page for future reference.
Thanks for your help.
Carter

Mazda
I just pur brakes on my SLK and somethings are different. Accorging to Mercedes you take a 45mm male tork and remove rubber caps on the slides that keep the inside and outside lined up then remove them. It will make it a lot easer, do that first. Let me know if anything else I can do.
I bought a Mercedes Benz repair and service manual on e-bay for 5 bucks, 9 with shipping. They have lots of them. It is put out by Mitchell Repair.
Mike