Re: W140 Question on automatic door closer

As far as I know, all 140 series Mercedes have the feature. You may want to check the vacuump pump in the trunk to see if it's functioning.
Ron http://germanstar.net

Not all USA 140's have it. The cheapo S320 does not have door closing assist. Just has trunk closing assist. The easiest way to spot one is to look at the headlamps. If it does not have headlamps wipers, it does not have door closing assist.

My 1996 S320 has this features.
Tom N

Wallace James wrote:

It should be option code '883' in the list;
http://web.archive.org/web/20010808090920/www.w140s-class.org/codes.html
I think I remember some sort of fuse trick to activate thr feature when failed (short time repair...)
br, yvind