Re: What's the points breaker gap for a 1972 280SE 4.5 liter?

It *should* be on this page:
    http://articles.mbz.org/engine/gas/tuneup /
but it's not. It was done by a guy in Argentina and the 4.5's were US
only; moreso US spec MB's of that vintage, being early emissions years had multiple variations on engine.
If/when you do find the spec for the M117 motor, lemme know and I'll add it. If you'll notice though, the point gap is pretty much the same for every car from a 4 cyl to the 6.3 behemoth. Worst case, try that (0.012 - 0.016)
I went w/ .017 & it drove fine for a day. Seems difficult maintaining timing/dwell/gap/(vacuum advance?) operation. Any suggestions? How do you feel about electronic ignition? MSD vs Crane? Need distributor replacement, perhaps? This car runs strong & I got it for a song b/c a manhole cover did the roof (very) wrong. Think I'll send a pick of my Quick-Fix-McGiver-n-Driver. ps: Why are manhole covers round? Richard Sexton wrote:

how so?
Any suggestions? How do

Eh. I'd stick with th epoits frankly.

they fly better?