Re: Wheel Bearing

As for adjustment. You should just be able to feel a slight movement as you rock the wheel with the wheel on (holding opposite edges of the tyre [i.e. roadwheel on]).
.... Rob.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (karma-kanic) wrote:

Use a bloody dial gauge like it says in the manual and a weighed out amount of MB grease like it says in the manual. You can't eyeball something this critical. Some people do and get away with it - but they're doing just that,getting away with it.
You can't mix grease types, if there's old grease in ther and it's mixed with new grease you're in big trouble.

--
Richard Sexton | MB, BMW parts: http://buyeuroparts.com
Here, hear Richard! I totally agree. The correct method is with a dial gauge.

Sorry about the bad link. Try this one:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberb3
Josh

reliable
these
the
On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 22:20:06 -0700, Josh wrote

That one isn't appropriate for setting MB's bearings. Spec is 0.0008 (eight ten-thousandths), and the above gauge has resolution of 0.001 (one thousandth).
Try surplus equipment houses. That's where I bought mine for about $20.
Good luck,
--
Dave C
snipped-for-privacy@mailblocks.com