REALLY Old tree sap removal

Folks, I have a 1984 380 that's been parked under a pine tree for about a 1.5 years. It has dried and crusty pine sap all over it. What is the best
product / method for getting it off?
Thanks, Karl North
small spots i got caned air turned it upside down where it spit out the COLD stuff. scraped it off with a credit card
a whole car though not a clue
the case, minus a few cans!
Clay bar is the only way to get them out. You can buy Clay bar kit cheap at Autozone... like $10 a kit... I would suggest you soak the spot generously with mixed car wash. Then attack it with clay bar. While you are at it... do the whole car and then wax it after another car wash..
What about a LOT of water first?
DAS
"Tiger" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Eksce.20996$ snipped-for-privacy@fe10.lga...
Sap doesn't dissolve in water... soapy water clings to car longer than just water.

Try a tar remover, since this sap is mostly pine tar... try wiping it on generously and then letting it sit a bit.
Water won't help any.
marty

Move the car out into the sun away from the tree. The pine sap will dry up over a couple of months and can be flaked off with a razor blade.
Until then consider it as an extra special paint protection compound.