Rear axle problem

This was covered a little in a previous thread however, I'm still looking for a solution. My '81 240D has a right rear wheel which does not track behind the front
wheel. It actually points about 2 degrees to the right. Tiger had given me information which indicated it might have hit a curb hard at one time or another. That could be the case as (after diligent checking) the left rear wheel appears to be in line with the front. If the right side is actually bent what is the best solution? Do I simply rig a system to straighten it myself (I do have that capacity) or do I take it to a shop with equipment to do the job on a frame machine? I have an engineering background and a large shop at my house to do this but my questions is...will I place too much stress on the bearing if I simply make a jig and bolt it to the axle end where the tire mounts? I know I can make the bend with proper leverage but don't want to ruin the bearing and/or carrier assembly. Hate to take a rosebud torch to the trailing arm as there is a lot of other stuff in the same area such as brakes, etc. Any suggestions?
Measure it so you know what the exact problem is. The M-B shop manuals have dimensions, or measure these components on the other side or another 123 model. Then you'll know where the defect is. And don't try to bend anything or weld it, replace it with another piece, even if that;s from a junked, not wrecked, car.
I have access to any number of junked-not-wrecked MBs. Is this a big job replacing just the trailing arm? Incidentally, I would have to remove the part from the car in the wrecking yard myself so...

Removing the trailing arm means removing the rear subframe 'cause Benz put the outer pivot bolt head towards the chassis. OR, cutting the head of the bolt off with a torch and driving it out. Good luck in a junkyard.