Rear bearings vs. rear differential

Hi, I am back!
Have had noisy sounds coming from back of my 190E. Has done 160K mi, so I tend to turn up the radio as noises tend to go away, then.:O)
Seriously, I diagnosed rear wheel bearings beeing bad. When the car is off the ground with wheels attached and I have them turn with engine running in idle and 5th gear...you cant even hear your own words. When I block one wheel. other spins twice as fast....sounds multiply. both wheels make some amount off sounds... Ok...so I took everything apart...took off CV axle and discovered...bearings are fine...can be turned easly by hand...not any difference to the new one, which I unfortunately allready have :(
ok...what now...differential bad? when turning any differential output by hand...this is where the sound comes from...its like a roar...which penatrates throughout the entire car. funy thing is, when I drive my winter tires...its even worse...and its not just the tires...
what can that be now? bearings of differential? did I shred some gears? should I check trans fluid? havent done that in a while...
thanks for hint and or do's and dont's
alex

Often, the pinion bearings will cause such a condition in that car. Rebuild the rear with new bearings (not for the faint of heart) or purchase a used (but guaranteed) rear center assembly.
is there any oil left in the diff?

jepp, checked oil level is up to bottom off the opening smells a bit burned...but so would I after 13 years of complete darkness :O)
is still greasy...and yelloisch color o well... I'll change the wheel bearings anyways..
about to take out differential...but cant seem to get the top cylinderheaded bolt out...cant reach the nut holding it...it there any harm done, when I just remove the entire drive-rack-mount ? would be good time to do those r4 ubber pads anyhow
thanks alex
ps any hints on pressing out the wheel bearings? way in seems easy...buuut out... this guy has done it...http://www.ralfstaudenmaier.de/benz/radlag/index.htm buut...not really showing how he got the center hub out in the first place.. since i figured this has to got first, cause the bearing is still holding in place with the outer segerring attached

oops, my bad
http://www.ralfstaudenmaier.de/benz/radlag/index.htm