Rear Brake Pad Choices for 300E

Need to replace the rear brake pads on my 1987 300E
The parts store has the following options
Part #: N1010-11728 Brand: Pagid
Part #: N1010-24229 Brand: PBR
Part #: N1010-11728 Brand: TRW
Part #: N1010-186477 Brand: Akebono
Part #: N1010-24230 Brand: PBR
Part #: N1010-11728 Brand: Textar
Should I stay away from any of these? What would be the best choice for normal city / highway driving?
Thanks
It should be the same as your front pad for best performance.
Pagid should be avoided if you hate dust.
PBR (except ceramic) is good and not dusty.
Akebono is good and no dust.
Textar and TRW is OEM grade and shouldn't be dusty at all.

So then Mercedes don't make things equally. My rear pad is much smaller than the front pad.
On Jul 5, 4:50�pm, gregorymorrow at earthlink.net, writing as a "JakTheHammer" IMPOSTER wrote:

<snip the Imposter Shit>
Dear Greg:
To Quote someone who said it so well.........
"Grow up. Stop using the lookalike fake nyms. Show some spine by posting under yer own banner, or stop wasting bandwidth (and everyone's time) with this sophomoric, chickenshit, cross-posting, pseudo-oppositional trash.
Apparently, no one of any recognizable gender wants anything to do with you. Hence this endless, weak-ass, ridiculous, basement- sockazoid game. Trust me, this is not the way to ameliorate that situation.
Repeat -- Grow up. Be cool. Talk sense.
And you'll have it made. "
JakTheHammer wrote:

Well, duh! That's so they wear out at the same time.
JD

Physically they are not the same size.
You mean to replace at the same time? Well, that's understandable. We got communication problem.

I don't know if you guys are just trolling or what, but Tiger was saying that the same BRAND of brake pad (front and back) will give the best results. Whether they are replaced at the same time is up to you, and of course they are different sizes. I'm pretty sure that PBR and Akebono sell front and rear pads for your car. Look at what you have on the front, get that brand. Otherwise, get a good quality pad and you'll be fine.
JakTheHammer wrote:

Exactly. If the rear pads were the same size it would be reasonable to assume the the fronts would wear out much sooner since the load on the front is greater.
JD
textar is good