Rear bumper for '83 gray market 300D

Idiot in a brand new SUV rear-ended me at a stoplight (On the phone? Changing her CD? Watching TV?) and badly dented my bumper. I'm getting the impression from the Mercedes parts sites
that I'm out of luck for a replacement. To make matters worse, the car has European bumpers. Anybody got any ideas?