Rear Bumper Removal

I am trying to remove a rear bumper on a 78' 450 SEL 6.9, I am having problems removing the rubber cover on the bumper. It appears to be attached to the spring assembly. Anyone have any secrets? Anyone have a part number
on this rubber detail piece? My brackets holding it on have rotted out causing it to separate from the chrome trim. Thank You.

FIRST you must remove the bumper together with its shock mounts from the car in one piece. Detach the bumper end support at their forward ends, then remove the bilts or nuts holding the bumper shocks to the car. With the whole thing off, remove the shocks from the bumper and disassemble the rest..