rear combi ligth assy for 99 ml 320

to make a long story short it is busted and needs to be replaced. does M-B sell the whole unit and is it easaly replacable or can I just replace the plastic cover? I only saw 2 screws holding it in position
when I open the tailgate. I dont want to get it and see that I need to open up the whole quater panel garbish to put it back in place.