Rear Hub Removal? - W116/ 450SEL

Does anyone know how to remove the rear hub on a 116?
After removing the centre axel bolt, and then the four other retaining bolts behind the hub...what's the next procedure to remove the hub?
Does it require a slide hammer?
My main aim is to remove the backing plate.
Regards,
Chris.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Fraid so. Unless you're real creative.
Hi Richard,
Thanks for the note. We actually went back and tackeled it again. We found that there is an internal nut that needs to come off. It has 4 slots that allow you to undo it. (We made up a tool for this) First you have to un-prise the bent over shaft capping on two of the slots - the cover that is hammered over to stop it slipping. Once the nut was out that holds the ring that holds (preloades) the bearing is out then we still had a bit of trouble getting the actual hub out. We ended up putting the oxy (heat) up the internals and then shocking the system with some cold water to free up the bearing. Then we took the slide hammer and with very little force it poped out allowing us access to the backing plate.
I hope this helps anyone else with the same problem.
Regards,
Chris.