rear window defroster

My wife's '82 300sd defroster doesn't work, but the light does go on when I= flip the switch on. I'm hoping it is a simple fuse problem. Can anyone= advise?

Thanks

Reply to
63lincoln

Replace fuse. It has two different circuit that there is also a relay to route high current to rear window. So light on switch doesn't mean power to rear windows.

Reply to
Tiger

I have the same problem on a 1988 420 sel. I replaced all small fuses in the fusebox under bonnet. Is the high current fuse the long black one ( abot

Reply to
Tony Pike