Rear Window Defroster

I have been unable to determine the problem with a non-working rear window defogger/defroster on my '79 300D. I was told here that the most likely cause of its failure was am 80A strip fuse that I cannot
locate. The 16A fuse in the fusebox has been replaced. The light on the degogger panel switch lights when activated.
Is it possible that the rear window itself, e.g. the elements in the window have failed?
Any suggestions at all will be very greatly appreciated.
There is a relay for rear defroster... the 80A fuse is for glow plug system on your car... If there is a short, the fuse would be blown.
You can check if rear window is still good by measuring the continuity.

Ah, so the information I was given regarding the 80A strip fuse did not apply to the defogger.
Thanks for this information, and where is the relay located? Is it likely then that the reply is blown, causing the total failure of the defogger?