Rear window now working on 99'e300TD

The rear right window on my 99 E300TD made a strange sound as I was lowering it yesterday and quit working, halfway down. I had to manually pull it up
shut. Is this a common problem? Hope it is not an expensive fix?
Thanks-Raj
gator_mech wrote:

Looks like one of a couple of common problem:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_W210
Looks like a DIY repair:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w210-e-class/1226700-diy-pictorial-window-regulator-replacement.html
But there must be a better way, like how to current limit the motor, so that it doesn't overdrive the mechanism.
Cheers, WS
--
change to leews to mail

gator_mech wrote:

Very common. Regulator is toast. Both rear window regulators will fail on EVERY 210 model, often repeatedly. "Engineered like no other car in the world."