Rebuilt fuel distributor opinions

The fuel distributor on my 90 300 is tired, but a new one across the Mercedes counter is a couple thousand dollars. WAY too much. An alternative seems to be a rebuilt one. Anyone have experience with this?
Advice appreciated.
Gecko
(replies to the list, please)
Yup, I got a rebuilt one in my 85 380SE. When you buy it, double check that with them (even if you get it from germanstar where I got mine) that it's been rebuilt by CIS Flowtech and NOT Python.

Many thanks!