Recommend Winter Tires???

I have a 98 C230. I am thinking of putting a set of winter tires on it. Can anyone recommend what works well?? I have heard that the Blizzak tires are
good. Any suggestions??
TIA
Dave
--
Veritas vos Liberabit - John 8:32

I had a 190E 2.6 for years and successfully ran Blizzaks on it in Pittsburgh.. I now have an E320 with Blizzaks. They degrade dry handling on the E320 more than on the 190E, but a fair trade off for the extra winter traction.

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 21:17:43 -0400, "Dave HD"

Check out the Nokian line of snow tires.
http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/homeF.cfm
I second the Nokian tires.I have used them for a few winters now here in Alaska and have been very impressed with them.I have the Hakkapeliitta's on my W201,W123 and W116.
Blizzak's are a great choice also.
I also forgot to say that I am in Michigan which is a non-studded tire state - even though we used to be called the "Winter Wonderland". Go figure.
Dave

According to my tire guy, modern snows (like Blazzak) provides better traction then studded tires under MOST winter driving conditions...
Formally of Minnesota, I always ran Blizzaks in the winter. The secret is getting them on just before the snow flys or right after the first snow flys and get em off asap in the spring... you can get 3+ seasons out of them that way. But add a month of dry pavement per year and you will be lucky to get 2 seasons.
Dave HD wrote:

I bought a set of Blizzak LM-22's for my '96 C36 last season. The difference between them and all season's was nothing short of astounding. They took almost all the stress out of winter driving.