REDEX - additive

Who makes it and what is in it?
Regards Niels

Niels Ulrik Reinwald wrote:

Honeywell:
http://www.honeywell.com.au/business/holts/redex/default.html
--
Thomas

Great. I got the one on the right for diesel. I just added 50ml to 25L of diesel fuel and engine is much more responsive and less noise and a pingging/thu thu noise is now hardly noticeable. I tried other stuff like some I bought from www.biltema.dk but no difference there like this Redex stuff. I'll uses the last Redex in my fuel and see what happens and if improvement I'll get one more bottle and then hit the roads on holiday down to France and Spain. MB is just so great - what a marvoulous car.
Thanks both.
*news.tele2.dk wrote:

Plus it cures, in many cases, the common MB-fault with the gasolinesensors in the tank. I bet there are many of you out there with a 1-5 year old MB that cant get their gauge to go to the max-line when filled up. Adding a bottle of Redex to a full tank of gas solves that problem.
--
Thomas

Not a clue ! It was on sale in Britain during the 60s, 70s and 80s, and then seemed to vanish from the shelves.
It was advertised as an upper-cylinder lubricant, which implies valves.
In those days valves used to wear and burn-out, and it is possible that Red-X went some way to prevent that problem.
With modern engines, valve-burn is hardly a problem and you are vey unlucky if it occurs, so I expect that the old sort of Red-X has had its day.
I think, though I am not certain, that Red-X is now making a lead-replacement supplement for cars that should run on leaded gasoline, where the only fuel available is unleaded. This is no longer an upper-cylinder lubricant, but a lead-replacement product.
--
All the best,
Stubbsy.

On Mon, 24 May 2004 01:30:51 +0100, "Al Bolton" wrote:

This is a great mental image - thank you :)
300 Essie
--
1994 Mercedes E280 [W124] 99,000 miles (R.I.P)
1992 Mercedes 300 SE [W126] 230,000 miles