Regular gas in 2002 C240?

Hi,
Is it ok if I use regular gas (87 octane) instead of 91 octane in 2002 C240 with 110K KM on it?
What worse can happen?
Thank you.

The worse it can happen is you burn more gas. Give one tank a try and take note of the mileage...

Sure... as long as it does not seize engine I am willing to try it out.
I will first let the tank be empty and then will fill it with 87 octane.
Thank you!
If the lower octane is below the recommended, why would you want to go against the manufacturer's recommendation.
Regards. DAS
--
To reply directly replace 'nospam' with 'schmetterling'
--
"yahmed" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Some engine tolerates lower octane without losing fuel mileage... so if the engine can do it with no loss in fuel mileage, then why not... it is cheaper to operate per mile.
No... it absolutely will not sieze engine... geez... if this was the case... then alot of cars would have broken down on the side of highway.