Reliability for 2007 & later Mercedes models

Lemons aside, what is the general reliability for 2007 and later Mercedes models? (specificially the S-class).
Is the AMG version more reliable than stock?
What are the common faults (mechanical & electrical) with these late model cars?
Thanks!
I hear stories about the latest S classes vehicles... alot of headaches and it is all because of the 'extra' options people want... such as 4matic or the V12 engine.
If you do want to buy one... stick to the basics... the less options, the less trouble.
Faults seems to be 4matics, transmission, V12 engines, and some electrical/fiber optiic problems. Best advice is make sure it still got warranty and buy extended warranty if possible.

MB reliability is definitely getting better. My 2008 ML 350 is the most reliable of 4 MBs I've had. And you might note Consumer Reports now reports around 2/3 of MB models are average or better in reliability whereas a few years ago none were. In fact, the GLK is one of the most reliable vehicles in their survey. The S class is on their recommended list, which means they project at least average reliability for the current model.
If you're near a library, pick up the Auto Issue (April) and check past model years too.