Reliable MB mechanics in southern illinois?

Have a 79 300D ( the panzerwagen). My long time mechanic quit the business. The local self proclaimed import car experts have no clue when it comes to
benzes. The local dealer pads the bill and rips you off with a smile.
Anyone know of a reliable benz guy in the Marion/Carbondale/Southern Illinois area or within striking distance of Paducah KY or Cape Girardeau MO?
Lansing, MI... Frank's Service... may be a bit out of the way...
Tiger wrote:

Yeah... I know... People travel really far to have him work on their MB... appointment only.
Tiger wrote:

townpiper wrote: > Have a 79 300D ( the panzerwagen). My long time mechanic quit the business. > The local self proclaimed import car experts have no clue when it comes to > benzes. The local dealer pads the bill and rips you off with a smile. > > Anyone know of a reliable benz guy in the Marion/Carbondale/Southern > Illinois area or within striking distance of Paducah KY or Cape Girardeau MO? >
This may be fairly useless info, as I can't recall the name of the school, but my brother attended a Community College down there in Carbondale for their auto mechanic's program, and his main instructor had a couple MBs, one of which was a complete vegoil conversion. Whether he works professionally outside the school, I don't know, but that might be a place to start.
--
Si.7k